Staying warm during the chilly winter months can be tricky enough — but staying warm and staying conscious of your heating system costs can be nearly impossible! Here are just a few simple ways you can lower your heating bills without freezing this winter:
- Many home furnace repairs and HVAC repairs are necessarily only because homeowners haven’t taken proper care of their home heating system when it was operating efficiently. It’s recommended to have a, HVAC inspection twice a year — once in the spring, and once in the fall.
- High-efficiency heating systems might be more costly up front, but they’ll save you money in the long run and you might even be able to get a rebate from your local utility company up to $400.
- Something as simple as changing the air filter in your HVAC system can make a huge difference in energy efficiency. When the filter gets clogged with dust and dirt, the system has to run in overdrive to push out warm air into the house.
- If you’re having trouble regulating your thermostat, try purchasing a programmable thermostat and make sure it’s placed on a wall which doesn’t receive direct sunlight and which isn’t near any drafty doors or windows.
- Using space heaters can be a huge benefit for homeowners who have big houses but only use a few rooms on a regular basis — and it could cut down on the number of home HVAC repairs you need to make, too.
- The typical furnace today lasts around 10-15 years, so if yours is getting up in years, make sure you keep an eye on it! Furnace repairs are typically cheaper than am entire new furnace, but it might be more cost-efficient to replace an old one rather than pay for furnace repairs every few months.
So now it’s time for you to add anything we forgot — what other tips might be helpful for cutting heating costs during the winter? Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments section! More.
Trackback from your site.