Sewer line repair and pipe cleaning services are some of the most important services that keep your home running safely — but if you’re like most homeowners, you probably don’t know too much about this industry! Here are a few interesting facts about the sewer and drain system in your own home:
- 10,000 gallons: The amount of water that can be wasted in one year if a home has leaky pipes or faucets. Those drips might not seem like much water at the time, but they can really add up and be very costly!
- 17%: The percentage of a house’s energy that a water heater typically uses. This percentage can easily be much larger if your plumbing system isn’t running efficiently or in the water heater is old.
- 40 years: This is the average amount of time that a sewer system can operate (as long as there is regular sewer line cleaning and pipe lining repair as needed). If your sewer system is older than 40 years, it’s probably time to consider a sewer replacement.
- $250 to $350: The average cost of a sewer camera inspection for a homeowner today. While this might seem like a lot of money to pay for an inspection, sewer line repairs are definitely much cheaper than replacing the entire system when a problem is undetected.
- 73%: This is the percentage of homeowners who say they would be willing to pay more money on sewer pipe repairs if it meant that they could preserve their lawn, deck, or patio. These repairs aren’t just about getting the job done — a good repair company will know that aesthetic quality also matters a lot to homeowners!
So now it’s time to think about your own sewer system — is it time for an inspection or repair? It’s important not to wait too long!